Up for adoption is a 1988 Land Rover Defender 90 LHD with 2.5 Turbo Diesel (19J) engine. One owner, very solid and rust free vehicle from Italy with only 147K Km (92K miles) on the clock.
A true barn find, vehicle has not been driven for over 10 years and has been stored inside a garage! All body panels are in great condition, very well preserved 90.
Currently in restoration, will be sold as a fully restored 90 and will be better than new!
Work update: Undercarriage has been sandblasted (see last 4 images in the gallery) and will be treated with rust preventive and corrosion barrier coatings (anti-rust primer and paint).
Restoration work will include the following:
- Rebuilt engine
- Rebuilt turbine and injection pump
- Full mechanical service
- Oil change in gear box, transfer case and axles
- Sandblast and rust proof chassis
- Rebuilt axles and new suspension components
- New copper brake lines
- New exhaust system
- New galvanized door hinges
- New window seals
- New side wings
- New wheels arches
- New and updated interior
- KBX light surrounds and grille
- Chequer plates
- Side steps
- Spare wheel carrier
- New 16″ x 8″ Proline Black Modular Deep Dish HD Studded steel wheels and tires
- Fresh Nardo Grey paint